Saturday, July 24, 2010

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

Yesterday, I got to head into Chicago where several of us were meeting to celebrate our friend Dan's 60th birthday. We met at Salt & Pepper Diner in Wrigleyville for lunch and then walked up the street to Wrigley Field for the Cubs-Cardinals game.

Here's the crew . . . Tom Shaw from Moody Bible Institute, me, Steve Mortland from Taylor University, Roger Kieffer from Trinity International University, Dan Crabtree from Wheaton Academy and Chant Thompson from NACCAP . . .

Here's a shot of Dan singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame during the Seventh Inning Stretch . . .

I've been taking pictures of our LCU mascot in different locales so I got this photo after the game . . .
After the game, four of us went to Carson's for Ribs (Dan's favorite meal) and had just a great time. Haven't laughed that hard in a long time. By the time we were done, Dan's rock history trivia convinced me that he is Rainman and I discovered that Chant's life story is better than Forrest Gump's.

No comments: