Sunday, September 16, 2012

More from Jeannette's Big Birthday

Some photos from Jeannette's birthday week.  We won't say how old she is now.  We'll just say that this was a big enough birthday to merit multiple celebrations.

On Wednesday night, Ellen Zarfas managed to pull together eight of our good friends from college days and convince them all to drive to Portland to have dinner with us at Claim Jumpers (our first time there).  I told Jeannette she should feel very honored!


  On her actual birthday, I bought Krispy Kreme donuts and took them to her school so that all her coworkers could recognize this milestone in her life.  Sadly, there is no photographic evidence of this.

That night, Melody's cousins slept over and the next morning they got up (quite) early and (not quietly) made breakfast for Jeannette.  They knocked on the door and Jeannette had to follow the trail of arrows leading her to the kitchen . . .




They even made her a crown of ivy.

And Melody sang to her.  I'm not sure it really was singing.

 Jeannette's mom also had spent the night and so they went out for coffee.  Phillip and I hastily assembled the storage chest I bought her and we set it up on the back deck, and I hid a pair of hedge trimmers inside.  These are actually two things she requested for her birthday.


That evening, the girls' parents, Paul and Wanda, picked up my mom and came to Portland to meet us all at Red Robin to have another birthday dinner with Jeannette.

The boys showed their brotherly love . . .



Melody can never keep her hands off my Diet Coke . . .


Mo' money, mo' years . . .

An applique that Wanda had made for our house, which includes Jillian's arrival in our family . . .


And the day ended with Jeannette opening her gifts from Laura and Jamey (because I forgot to give them to her earlier, of course) . . .

Maybe it's just me, but I think she'd be willing to turn 50 again if everyone treated her so well every time!

No comments: