Saturday, October 30, 2010

Grandparents Day

Blackhawk Christian School's elementary classes celebrate Grandparents Day. This year's was yesterday. It's a really big deal as each of the kids are supposed to bring their grandparents to school, there's a musical performance in the morning and then the kids get the rest of the day off to go to lunch with them or whatever. In MelodyJoy's case, though, all the grandma and grandpa types are 300 miles . . . or 2300 miles as the case may be . . . away.

As it turns out, I was able to come home a day early from Lincoln this week, because I needed to help Jeannette at home, and so Jeannette and I got to both attend Grandparents Day. Which I guess is appropriate since we are old enough to actually be grandparents (er, I am old enough).

We started out in Melody's classroom and she read me (sang to me) all of the little books about colors . .

She showed me their smartboard. A smart board. In a kindergarten classroom. Three years ago you seldom saw these in a college classroom and now we have 5-year-olds using them . . .
From there, the kindergarten classes performed several musical numbers, including a couple with handbells . . .

After it was all over, we made a trip to McDonalds for a little ice cream . . .

No comments: