Saturday, June 05, 2010

Time Traveling

My mother is in town for Phillip's graduation on Sunday and she asked if we could drive over to Richwood, Ohio, about 130 miles from Fort Wayne, to visit the cemetery where my Grandma and Grandpa Hayden are buried. So we drove about two and a half hours through the farm land of Ohio to the Claibourne Cemetery on the edge of the little town of Richwood (population: 2300).

The first three pictures are of Grandma and Grandpa's plot and the fourth is of Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa Hayden's marker.








While we were in town, we also visited Mom's cousin and he showed us the house where my grandparent's lived in retirement until Grandpa's death in 1964. I think I can remember a little about the interior of this house from when I was a toddler, though I'm not sure (it could be home movies that I remember).


All in all, it was a pleasant day . . . filled with roughly seven hours of conversation about family history. ;-)

No comments: