Saturday, February 13, 2010

there is a friend

I'm stuck in Lincoln this weekend. Yes, it's Valentine's Day and, on top of that, the kids had a four-day weekend off from school. It's mostly my own fault as I'm the idiot who agreed to schedule a campus visit event to start tomorrow night.

My good buddy from high school and the best man at my wedding, Jeff Parish, came up from Charleston and we ran around Bloomington today to help distract me. We did a little shopping, ate lunch at Qdoba and scouted around the city in case either or both of us end up living there someday.

It's been about 33 years since Jeff and I first became close friends, starting around our junior year of high school. It's been over 25 years since we've gotten to spend lots of time together, but it still doesn't take any time at all for us to be right on the same page after all this time.

Proverbs 18:24: ". . . there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother."

No comments: