Friday, November 09, 2007

The Curious Savage

This weekend, it's just Jameson and me. Jeannette is in Wisconsin with MelodyJoy visiting her mom. Jordan and Phillip are at a weekend camp with their church youth group. So, I made Jameson accompany me to see the play put on by the Taylor Theatre Organization, The Curious Savage by John Patrick.

I'd heard of the play before but had no idea what it was about or anything. Honestly, I had only modest expectations for the evening. This was the third play in three weekends for me, with the previous two being at Blackhawk Christian School and at Taylor Upland. Well, I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. In some ways, it was the best of the three productions. If you have not seen The Curious Savage, you need to. It has some of the best writing, including what I recognized as one of my favorite entries in my "quotes collection" . . .

“There are a million things a man won’t do for five dollars. But there aren’t five things a man won’t do for a million.”

Jameson enjoyed the play, too, which was nice and we just had a very nice evening together. He was not keen on being left home alone all weekend with someone "who can't even cook." The TTO did a great job on a very limited budget.

No comments: