Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Quote of the Week

This week's quote is going to strike you as odd probably. As we were preparing to sing "All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name," the student who was leading singing in chapel today talked about the fact that the name of Jesus Christ has great power. It was something I had not thought about really. The power of the person of Jesus is something that most Christians grasp, but the very name itself? Anyway, it was a thought provoking remark and, for some reason, it brought to mind something I read from Sam Kinison years ago in the Wittenberg Door. It's a little bit strange . . . but true.

“When your car swerves out of control, you don’t yell, ‘Oh Satan, save me!’ You yell, ‘Oh God! Help me Jesus!’ I don’t care who you are, that’s what comes out of your mouth.”

- Sam Kinison

No comments: