Saturday, September 15, 2007

Happy Birthday, Jeannette!



Today is Jeannette's birthday. We're not sure which birthday it is. She says 29 but I think that she's had so many that she's lost count.

Phillip and Jordan gave her a tool for pruning all the trees around our house, with the promise that Jordan will actually use it . . .
Jameson contributed more yard beautification with a Shirobana Spiranea. I suggested that a rose plant would make more sense because I can spell "rose." The spiranea is supposed to bloom with bunches of red, pink and white flowers next summer . . .

Laura and Jamey are enablers for Jeannette's coffee addiction, with a new Cuisanart coffee maker . . .

MelodyJoy gave mom a new cutting board because she dropped Mom's old one on the floor and broke it . . .

Jeannette didn't like my gift, though . . .
Finally, when I explained that it was a picture of her new high performance toilet for the guest bathroom so she wouldn't have to unclog the toilet every other day, she expressed some gratitude.

Happy [numeral deleted] Birthday, Jeannette!

1 comment:

Dusty Penguin said...

I had to laugh when I read this post. I can't tell you how many cutting boards I've been given for gifts over the past years! It's become a family joke. This year my family finally got creative and gave me horseback riding lessons!