Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Family Portrait = Family Gifts

Even before we went to China, I knew that as soon as we got home, I wanted to have Rosalie Petrovich draw a portrait of our four children. Rosie was a senior at Hosanna Christian School. She's very gifted and now is studying art at Biola University in California.

Last summer, when my sister was visiting, she took a bunch of photos of the kids but it was hard to get a good picture because they are of such different sizes. Then she remembered a pose she had seen elsewhere and had the kids lie down head-to-head. From that picture, Rosie produced this drawing for us:
I took her drawing to a printer downtown and they created an electronic file and high quality 8x10 prints of the portrait. The original hangs in our kitchen now and one print is over my desk at OIT. We also framed other prints for Christmas and birthday presents for some family. As you can see, they were well-received . . .



No comments: